Silverlight 5

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM

With the new release of Silverlight 5 real child windows are finally supported.  Any thoughts on supporting peeling off windows into real child windows?  This is OOB of course.  I would like to contribute if I can.

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:41 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Hi, sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.  For some reason I wasn't getting notified of new discussion items...

After hearing that SL5 will probably be the last major release, and looking down the road to the future of HTML5, I've decided not to move this project past v1.0.  Others can if they wish, but I won't be.

I've started building a UI Framework with Google's new Dart language.  Eventually I want to get it to the level of sophistication that this project is, but that will take some time as I have to build my own foundation underneath first.  So far I have basic elements working (Grid, Stackpanel, etc) and some other stuff like data binding and style templates.

The project is over at https://github.com/LUCA-Studios-LLC/LUCA-UI-Framework-for-Dart if you want to take a look.

As far as the OOB windowing integration - cool idea.  Feel free to move it along if you'd like to.